Okay, so I got tagged twice - once by Leanne and once by Kelly - to particpate in a meme, which really is just to detail the 5 reasons why I blog. Now I'm skipping the part where I tag others, only because Judith and Jen you'd be the only two to tag since I've few friends with blogs to date and the others have done this (well, JL, I haven't checked yours yet but I noticed Kelly got ya). Anyhow, without further adieu, here are my five reasons.
1. Keeping in touch. In the past, I've often come to realize it'd been awhile since I'd seen/written/called someone, so I'd quickly compose an email and send it off to the masses. Rather than doing so, I figure whomever would like to keep up to date with my life can check it out on here, and then I'd intended to get better at sending personalized emails. So far, I'm not doing so well on the latter, simply because life as a mom can be pretty hectic, but I'm not doing so poorly at writing at least once a week on here... so far!
2. Sharing. I like to share - pictures, words of congratulations, random thoughts - and hope someone out there cares enough to check it out. I'd like to think so. And I like when others share - like those of you who maintain blogs or write comments on the things I say. I like to hear snipets of your lives, largely because I've fallen out of better touch with you wherein I actually talk to you on a regular basis, so it's nice to be tapped into the daily happenings of my friends. I love seeing the photos shared by friends of moments that are instrumental to them, I like hearing what they have to say and knowing what's going on with them. I enjoy catching a recipe or an idea too, that sort of thing. It's so far been a pretty cool tool for sharing, that's for sure.
3. Fun. I agree Kelly, it is fun. I enjoy writing, and it's been nice to do so in a forum like this. And right now I've got moments when Isaiah is sleeping to come online to write.
4. Overcoming my fear of technology. Yup, I tend to hesitate when it comes to exploring new things I think I'll struggle at... and technology tends to be one of them (as you can tell, likely). I still haven't begun to figure out all that I can do on here, but I'm pretty proud to have figured out what I have thus far. I mean, I've added pictures, linked sites... to some that may seem miniscule, but to me it's a stepping stone to greater things on the computer. Yes, I'm behind the times, you need not remind me, but I haven't even needed Greg yet to help me with what I've done!
5. Journaling. Though I've not truly recorded journal entries on here, as of yet, I intend to post daily happenings or stories of our lives, since as I've mentioned, there are many friends and family who are not there to see or partake in certain things or know about them. I mean, some of you have yet to see Isaiah, simply because you live miles and miles away from us and it's been absolutely impossible to get together (and even for those of you who are closer, but have nonetheless been unable to see him yet). You can do so here. It kind of ties back to my whole point about not keeping in better touch... so should you be reading my blog, you can get a sense of what's new and exciting (or apparently not, since it's been almost a week since last I wrote) with us.
So there, those are my spur of the moment answers. I think I'll post an entry too since, as I said above, it's been a good while since I've written.