Monday, April 9, 2007

We Love You, Grandpa

So unfortunately this weekend was not the weekend I outlined in my "Happy Easter" entry, as sometimes news comes unexpected. Rather than spend Easter on the ice in Ilderton, we were in Grimsby saying goodbye to my grandpa Jaeger who passed away this morning.

Grandpa, I am honoured to have been your only grand-daughter, and I hope I made you proud. In many ways you helped to raise James & I along with our parents and other grandparents and I am privileged to have been able to build such a strong relationship with you. And I feel very fortunate to have been able to see that twinkle in your eye holding your only great-grandson, my son Isaiah. Hopefully in leaving this world you found peace; know that you were loved beyond measure.

Sadly with life comes death and, to be honest, I never thought I'd see both my grandfathers pass so young in life. But in them having lived, I exist, and generations continue to live on. I carry on the fondest memories that I will continue to cherish. I hope I can take what they have taught me and live life to the fullest.

We love you, Grandpa.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I am sorry for the loss of your grandpa. Embrace your memories and live your life to make him happy.