Saturday, November 17, 2007

Baby Mania

Okay, so having recently lived through seasons of multiple weddings, it is to be expected (no pun intended) that numerous friends and family are expecting! I guess it really started last year, with the first set of three pregnancies, including one of my own. Now I'm on baby #2 who is due at the same time as two of my high school friends (again, a trio...). Just this past week, two of my friends welcomed baby boys to their families and come next May I know of three bundles of joy that will arrive. So it seems we're into baby fever now! :)

So far this pregnancy is going well, save for quickly transitioning to the highly uncomfortable and nightly wave of serious heartburn stage. I've actually been pretty lucky compared to friends of mine who have not been able to enjoy their pregnancies. Granted I'm getting to the "I'd really like this baby out any day" feeling, though I definitely still find it amazing how the human body works, nurturing a human inside of us! Interestingly, this baby is, despite being another boy, quite different; squirming and contorting in his tiny amniotic home, I think I must be carrying him differently. I'm actually measuring less than where I am - 30 weeks - but the majority of people comment "how big I am" - and you can imagine how that "compliment" goes over. I actually have this impending fear he will come early - say mid-Christmas holiday - because we're not really ready for him. Isaiah's new room has yet to be created, and no double stroller has been purchased. And so far I intend to teach until my "due date." Obviously we could make do with what we've got, and realistically an LTO could take over the few weeks of January teaching, but I just have this strong sense of not being ready!

Anyhow, congratulations to those of you who have recently welcomed new babies or who are looking forward with sweet anticipation to the arrival of their new addition! How life moves on...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm there. At the 'I'd like to get this baby out of me' stage. I feel as though it's done baking and the beeper has been going off for the last couple weeks, but no one is listening....least of all this little critter! I'm off to the Dr. this Thurs, so I'll let you know how I'm measuring..I just finished telling D that I think I'll be up near where I should be at 40 weeks. This is certainly the biggest belly yet...