Sunday, August 12, 2007

In Sympathy

Strangely, this weekend I learned of three different people who passed away and it really made me stop and think how much I take life for granted. The one death, in particular, has touched on my heart strings because it is the teacher I originally was hired to cover when she found out she had cancer. Well, after a long-fought battle with it, she is no longer with us. I knew her intermittedly, and not well enough, but what I did know of her I will carry with me. She was exuberant, cheerful, and ever-optimistic in her outlook on life, despite being handed such a devastating blow so young. My heart goes out to her family and friends, and to her husband especially; she was truly an angel on earth and may she live in your memories as strongly as she did in your lives.

No comments: