Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Yeah, a Sidewalk!

We've been in our house for 5 months now, and we finally got our sidewalk today. Yesterday we were woken up at 8 by a ring of the doorbell from some town construction men who then quickly began framing the sidewalk. We figured they'd be back to pour cement at some point, but are just now doing so more than 30 hours later! I can't complain though, as I've been waiting for the sidewalk completion forever as it has made walking Raider with the stroller more challenging to have to off-road every few lots. Unfortunately they're still building on one lot down the street in the direction I always walk with the boys, so I'll still have to manoeuver around that for some time (though I'm glad a house is finally going in as it's the last in that section so it makes our street look more complete)!

Now we're just anxious to get sod, a fence, a driveway, and a deck... though most of those things won't happen this year. We drove around this morning after running some errands looking at flower beds to get some ideas, as we're both wishing the curb appeal of our house to be slightly better! I'm desperate to be able to get outdoors to play with Isaiah, and Raider has long been anticipating basking in the sun. Soon enough!

Anyhow, I'd best keep an eye on the work out front... school has let out and I'm sure the kids will be wanting to carve their initials into our sidewalk! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We don't have sidewalks here either, and man do I wish we did! Country living is great, except for the lack of sidewalks.

Happy gardening!