Tuesday, May 22, 2007

TITP

So, as some of you know, I'm currently swept up in the teacher initiated transfer process, as I've been for the past few years. Now, I'm a believer in the "all things happen for a reason" philosophy, but I also find it discouraging that I've not yet been successful in transferring closer to home (though I've also not yet had an interview at SDCI, which is less than 5 minutes away, so maybe I haven't scored a job elsewhere because I'm meant to work there... let's say that). Anyhow, it's slightly frustrating in that I spend quite a bit of time tweaking cover letters to perfectly suit the job I'm applying for, and then another chunk of time to fax them off, and still have nothing to show for my efforts. And for those of you who know the process, it's a relatively small window of time to get all of this accomplished in. So I feel as though my efforts usually go to waste. I can't even claim the "at least I got the interview experience" line, because thus far I've only had one interview for a headship position and didn't land the job.

Don't get me wrong, I actually really like WCI, my current school, but the commute is horrendous and, come fall, I'm especially going to want to be home for my son rather than spend 2+ hours on the road a day. Why is our board so big? That shouldn't even be possible! And in the middle of winter, when I've got to drive through the snow belt at some point, I absolutely dread the commute. Not only that, but I'd really like to be teaching drama again, which I started doing there, but that is not entirely likely in the future (though I'm thankful to have had some experience, plus the lines of English I've taught).

Anyway, I just wanted to vent my frustration because, yet again today, I went through the second round. It's hard to keep your head up when you're not exactly sure you'll ever get to move. Although Greg has interviewed with Toyota for the Woodstock plant, so maybe I've not gotten a transfer because I'm meant to stay. Who knows? Sometimes I feel as though life is in someone else's hands...

No comments: