1. Wearing mommy's shoes and slippers - his new fascination. I know there's not that much of a size difference, but it's the funniest thing to watch. He's tried Greg's running shoes too, but with less success. Doesn't the sparkle suit him?
2. Ball (pronounced bahl) - one of the only words he says to date. Any day now he'll be talking up a storm, but for now everything is ball.
3. Laps - he'll fill up a bag of toys or pull his lego sack around the house in circles. We'll have to put a step counter on him, he's a bundle of energy.
4. Ball with Raider - really a kong, he thinks it is the best thing since sliced bread to toss Raider's toys to him, and gets so frustrated when Raider (the laziest dog on earth) refuses to play... until Isaiah practically places the kong (or ball, as Isaiah claims) directly in his mouth.
5. Utensils - meals are becoming a dilemma because of Isaiah's stubborn independence. He can't yet figure out how to master the spoon (he sort of shovels in sideways into the mouth in the hopes that the food will fall into it, but usually it falls down his front instead) and he prefers to flail the fork in the air rather than stab the next piece of meat. Ahh we're approaching toddlerhood, that's for sure!
Braylon, on the other hand...
1. Sleeping - hallelujah, he's quickly becoming a far better sleeper than was Isaiah (who, might I add, is waking up in the middle of the night again because he goes down without his soother but wakes in a panic in its absence and won't be calmed easily). Last night Braylon made it from 10:30 until 5:30 this morning! To most of the gals around here, those who formula feed in particular, that's nothing for a 2.5 month old baby, but it's fantastic for me!
2. Gurgle, gurgle, gurgle - Braylon's language. He's very vocal lately, perhaps in competition with his older brother? It's amazing how he will interact if you gurgle back to him, too!
3. Smiles - Braylon is full of smiles, especially if you lean in and play with him. Apart from crying when he's tired and hungry - oh, and when Isaiah bonks him accidentally - he's a very happy baby.
4. Losing his hair - just like Uncle James, Braylon has lost a ton of hair recently. The other day I took his bassinette sheet out to wash it and the head indentation was full of hair. Poor thing, he's got a ton on top still but has the old man ring now on the sides. Stylin'.
5. Stiff man - he's incredibly strong. He was holding his head up long ago, and now he's able to bear weight on his legs. We've been practicing our standing, and I think he may hit that milestone earlier than did Isaiah because he already holds the majority of his weight. Exersaucer, here he comes!