Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Juliana Reese Herr & Sebastian Murataj


Congratulations to my brother and his wife, Leanne, on the safe arrival of their daughter, Baby Juliana Reese. It's been a few weeks now, but I hadn't had a chance to post a blog, so I'm making up for it today (while taking breaks to convince Isaiah it really is indeed nap time -- although, to his defense, there have been numerous distractions, including the machines prepping our driveway and the neighbour girls checking in to see if he can play... twice). We unfortunately weren't able to make it down to Orangeville to visit them in the hospital, but we squeezed in a visit (despite a pile of marking and feeling under the weather) on the weekend after she was born. I've only twice laid claim to an unknown gender, and I was right - I now have a niece!

Here I am stealing some quality girl time:

And Greg had a chance to hold her too:

The boys were both pretty taken with her too; they're really good brothers and are quite used to their cousins on Greg's side, so they were gentle and sweet with her... it just meant rough housing one another with daddy when they were allowed!

My mom and Greg drove down to visit that day as well, so here is Grandma Lina with her first grand-daughter... and then with all the grandkids!

So the new Herr family looks much like this: my brother James and sister-in-law Leanne, with their daughter Juliana and dog, Keelee. Funny, I'm surrounded by boys while my brother's family is made up of girls!
We stopped in to visit again on our way home from the cottage, and snapped a Herr cousin shot:

Anyhow, while I am posting this, I should also post a congratulations to my sister-in-law and brother-in-law for their new addition as well, since I was not updating my blog when they had their second son. And sadly I've no pictures of my new nephew Sebastian whatsoever, which will inspire me to capture a few in the next few days since it's pathetic we've caught none at all and he's now two months old. But here is my sister-in-law with her oldest boy, Mateo, riding the cars at the Turkeyfest:

Congratulations Stacey, Ermal and Mateo on your growing family as well - and welcome Sebastian to the family (I promise to not only steal some snaps off Facebook from your mommy's profile, but now that we've a new camera I'll be sure to get some for ourselves as well!).

No comments: