Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Untraditional Christmas

Well, we've definitely had a Christmas out of the ordinary here so far. I spent Christmas Eve in the hospital, not for a baby related reason, but because I was the sickest I have ever been in my life (I will spare you the details, but those of you who suffered the same fate... sorry, mom, your attempt to food poison us didn't work :)... you know what I'm talking about). I had to have 2L of IV and a nice shot of gravol in the "hip." Thankfully I was released Christmas morning, though Isaiah missed out on our intended plans to have Christmas together at home. Thankfully he'll still too young to remember.

Anyhow, feeling better enough to be up and whatnot today, though I've spent much of it sleeping and still haven't had much to eat or drink - sorry, docs, I'm making every effort to take small sips as you ordered, but I've had all of a glass of Sumol yesterday and some water and a small cup of orange juice this morning. Can't say this is what I envisioned for my holidays, that's for sure.

The other unexpected deal was the complete and utter death of our hard-drive, and having lost my USB just before Christmas at school means I've lost all my school work that I spent tons of time over the summer creating. I've got hard copies in my binders, but now if I ever need to go back and redo something, I'll have to redo the whole thing. Plus we lost what music we'd put on since April, which isn't that big of a deal, and then unfortunately about 3-4 months worth of pictures, because I'd yet to save them. That was a task I was going to do over the holidays. So that sucks.

Anyhow, I didn't really mean for this to turn into a rant, so I'm going to end this on a better note. What I do like about Christmas, food poisoning/bug catching aside, is being able to get together with family and friends and spend some quality time together. We had some great laughs, mostly as the girls were kicking the boys' butts at board games or playing Guitar Hero and such, and made some fond memories, and those can't be lost on a computer. Thanks to everyone for your generosity in gift giving as well, even the new baby was spoiled - and he isn't even born yet (despite my order for a Boxing Day deliver... though the day is not through). Anyway, off to make some more memories as Christmas isn't really done. Until next time...

No comments: